Sunday 15 April 2012

Our Visit to Faslane

Sandra Webster, SSP Spokesperson, inspired by our visit to Faslane Peace Camp, wrote this blog...





I live in Renfrewshire the other side of Faslane right across the Erskine Bridge. I knew about the Peace camp having honked my car horn whenever I passed it but despite living so nearby I am ashamed to admit, I had never visited it. Iwas delighted when one of my comrades Neil from the Campsie Branch of the SSP organised a visit. Along with my daughter Linz we visited the camp yesterday and met one of the activists Leonna.
Passing the camp on the road toy can see a patchwork quilt of colourful caravans. Inside the campers have created a beautiful and spiritual face right in the shadows of trident submarines and their nuclear cargo. Enough to wipe the whole of Scotland off the map. Leonna arranged a worshop for us with the history of trident and an introduction to the politics of non aggressive direct action.
Read on HERE




Video and article to follow...
Our signed letter SSP Campsie Organiser, Neil Scott passed on to workers on the base...

No comments: